GrimmSpeed HiFlow UpPipe: Adding an aftermarket Up Pipe is one of the first things you should do to your Subaru. Arguably one of the best $/HP ratios. Our goal was to make a premium heavy duty Up Pipe for our customers!
The entire Up-Pipe is made of 304 SS(flanges, flex, tubing) and has a pipe-wall thickness of 14 Gauge, this is the most "heavy-duty" pipe you will find. Many other pipes use cheap thin steel and are marketed as "super light weight", not us. The inlet size is 1.92" and the pipe tapers down to 1.72” which acts as a funnel as it moves into the turbo allowing for the smoothest transition and best air-flow quality. The one of a kind Triple Layer Flex Joint is not located in the bend, which adds to the life expectancy of the flex section. Our outlet size is a perfect match to the most common stock location turbos allowing for a smooth transition into the turbo.
Since we are a porting company we make sure to have the smoothest transitions between pipes to allow for maximum flow and quickest spoolup(we call this "quality airflow").
* TRIPLE LAYER Quality Flex Joint - Gives you extra durability compared to competitors single and double layer flex joints.
* Flow through Flex - There are no big steps in the flow path of our flex joint. Our flex is not located on a bend so there is very minimal flow loss(if any) through the flex.
* 14 Gauge Piping Thickness - almost all pipes on the market use 16-18(~1.5mm) thick piping wall, not us. We use a 2mm thick piping wall(33% thicker than all of our competition!)
* Pipe to Flange Connection - Much smoother connection. Piping is ported flush with flange so there is no step into the pipe.
* 1.92" Inlet = perfect match to gasket allowing a little room for gasket movement(anything bigger, ie 2", will almost be guaranteed to put the gasket in the flow which is horrible for flow)
* 1.75" Outlet = Narrowing down from 1.92 to 1.75 acts as a funnel. Also very close match to most common turbos so you have much less step going into the turbo(unlike a straight through 2" which creates a huge step going into most common turbos vf's, tdo4s, etc)
* Massive 304SS flanges
* 10+whp gain
* Minimal internal steps for maximum flow
* Complete 304SS Construction(pipe, flex section, flanges)
* Optional ceramic coating
* Flex joint that is NOT located in the bend which adds life expectancy to the flex section. many other up pipes have a flex right in a sharp bend so all the exhaust/turbulence is hitting up against it.
* Reduce turbo lag
|Country of Manufacture|